Monday, March 23, 2009

FROM PUTTAPARTHI...SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT - 17: YOUR LOVING SOUL !

SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT – 17

YOUR LOVING SOUL!!!

My Dearest Friend,

As you got up this morning, I watched you, and hoped you would talk to me, even if it was just a few words; listen to me, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday. But I noticed you were too busy, trying to find the right outfit to wear.

When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were too busy reading junk news in the newspapers!

 At one point you had to wait 15 minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair. Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip instead.

Then you gobbled up some breakfast in a tearing hurry & ran down the staircase to get into your vehicle! But you ignored me then also even though I was waiting for you to acknowledge my presence & talk to me a few kind words.

I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me and offer the food to me first & maybe that is why you didn't bow your head. You glanced at 3 or 4 tables and you noticed a pretty 11 year old sweet looking girl talking to me briefly before eating, but you didn't. That's okay. There is still more time left, I told myself.

But I'm very happy that the children are able to recognize the GOD in them more than the adults. The irony is that the ignorant adults are always telling the children what to do & what not to do!

I watched patiently all day long. With all your activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me.

You went home and it seemed you had lots of things to do. After a few of them were done, you turned on the TV. I don't know if you like TV or not since you watch just about any channel and you spend a lot of time each day in front of it not thinking about anything, just enjoying the show. I waited patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal, but again you didn't talk to me.

Your Science has already proved that constant watching of these mindless TV programs actually leads to Dementia among other disorders! If you don't believe in me, at least believe in 'your Science'.

At bedtime, I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time. Then also you didn't thank me! That's okay because you may not realize that I am always there for you. I've got patience, more than you will ever know. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well.

I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought, or a thankful part of your heart. It is hard to have a one-sided conversation!

You're indeed a great artist. But this delusion, also called Maya, misleads and fools you. You paint a picture and people praise it. You immediately begin to think that you, the body, have actually done it. No! It is I who put the idea for the picture, it is I who guided your hand, and it is I who allowed you to make that picture beautiful. And yet you think that it is you, the body, which did it! Tell me, who is responsible for this delusion, you or me? Still you wouldn't thank me or even talk to me or listen to me.

 

Well, at times you don't read my letters at all & even delete my mails without giving a single glance!!! I know everything that you do.

Well, you are getting up again. Once again I will wait, with nothing but love for you. Hoping that today you will give me some time. I assure you that the relationship that you would have with me would be the finest in the UNIVERSE!

Have a nice day. Thank you & regards.

YOUR LOVING SOUL!!!

SAIRAM

Moderator,

http://groups.google.co.in/group/premasai_gurukulam

 

A COUPLE OF RESPONSES FROM READERS…

 

1.       Good Morning Sir, No one can explain the term "detachment" with such an excellent illustration. (JUST LET GO)

 

As you said, the sorrow comes to human beings only if they start possessing things... Really a Good One Sir....

 

I could recollect those "Golden Days" in my school (Sri.Ramakrishna Mission) where there is a separate period for "Moral Education and Prayer" every "Thursday" One Hour.  In today's material world, I feel babies are born with a Computer and a Mouse.  Some Gap is left in today's education system. 

 

rgds,

GANESAN R

 

2.       Very beautiful. We need such soothing inspiration. (THE PAINTING COMPETITION!!!

Radha Rangarajan 


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "premasai.gurukulam" group.
 To post to this group, send email to premasai_gurukulam@googlegroups.com
 To unsubscribe from this group, send email to premasai_gurukulam+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.co.in/group/premasai_gurukulam?hl=en-GB

-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment