Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FROM PUTTAPARTHI...HAPPENED IN 1990 !!!

By Sri K. Suresh - A Former Student of Swami's Institute.

It was a serene evening in the Mandir during the rainy season of 1990. Swami had completed His usual Darshan rounds and had called some devotees for interview. All the students were eagerly waiting for Swami to come out and spend some time with them.

It was the time when the Sai Kulwant Hall had not yet been built. I was then in my second year of the MBA program. Along with another brother of mine I was blessed to secure a strategic spot in the front portico. From here we had a clear view of Swami's throne in the Bhajan Hall.

I began reading a book on Swami's miracles in Africa. I was particularly drawn to an incident where two of the devotees who were driving a car on an express way at speeds over 110 km/h suddenly met with an accident. Their car was thrown out of the express way and into the bushes.

The car was totally smashed and there was no chance that its occupants would survive such a crash. The devotees in the car however had taken the Lord's Name on their lips at the critical juncture and had escaped unscathed. They were nonplussed and thanked Swami for His Omnipresence.

I was quite overwhelmed by this incident and happened to share it with the brother beside me. I couldn't but help remark – 'Look Swami is in Africa also'.

Some moments later the interview room door opened. Swami came out and stood on the upper portico of the verandah in the Mandir. He paused and looked at me and my brother for a few seconds. I looked at Swami with reverence.

Suddenly Swami asked the students sitting in front of me to make way. A path was made for Swami in the tightly packed verandah. Before I could realize Swami walked straight up to me and then paused. Gazing into my eyes He remarked –"You were talking in the verandah!!!"

Then after a small pause He continued, "I am here. I am in Africa. I am everywhere." Saying this, He walked away with a nonchalant gait!!!

Six years later while I was in search for a job, a Singapore based multinational company hired me and sent me on my first assignment to guess where: West Africa! It has been six sweet years in Africa. I have been blessed to get involved in the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation here as an office bearer.

Many times it happened that Swami would refuse to accept a letter from me and I used to feel completely dejected. On one such occasion, Swami gave me the 'cold storage' treatment by not accepting my letter for many days at a stretch.

One fine day, He suddenly called me and literally grabbed the letter from my hands. Even without opening the letter, He went on to reveal its contents and concluded with a great revelation, 'I need not go through your letter to know its contents. The prayer in your heart reaches me instantaneously, even before you pen down your thoughts.'

On another occasion, Swami walked up to where I was seated, looked into my eyes and said 'You need Faith'. Putting His hand on His forehead He went on 'If you have faith in Me, I shall wipe out your old Karma and write a new one. But faith is required.'

http://media.radiosai.org/Journals/Vol_04/01FEB06/Sweet-memories.htm


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "premasai.gurukulam" group.
 To post to this group, send email to premasai_gurukulam@googlegroups.com
 To unsubscribe from this group, send email to premasai_gurukulam+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.co.in/group/premasai_gurukulam?hl=en-GB

-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment