Friday, July 24, 2009

FROM PUTTAPARTHI...RESPONSE FROM DR. VASANTHA NAIR !!!

Sairam .

I have a small story from my personal life regarding a pair of shoes.
Just sharing it with you.
Sairam
Dr.Vasantha Nair
 
Part 1
The Girl With My New Shoes!
 
 Sometime back, I was called upon to narrate an anecdote of my childhood; any one-which had helped me 'grow' as a person ; as I recalled the event that I am now going to relate, I was amazed that early enough, a tiny incident had instilled into me, something of immense depth and richness; a value with a lasting flavor, with its' power to enrich me in its' many facets-all through life!
 
Year1957; I was all of ten years; one morning, on reaching school, I went up to Sister Josephine with a pair of new shoes tucked under my arm; they had to be given away, to any child needy of them as they were ill fitting on my feet. Sr J. had a glowing countenance oozing warmth and kindness and was just right to take charge of them.                  

 

She did so literally with her whole being! Her eyes gleamed and with unconcealed delight and appreciation, she relieved me of my parcel with a " how kind!, hhooww kkiiinnd!!" Satisfied with her response, I moved away, with a sense of worth and goodness .A while later ,I noticed her pointing me out to a group of older children that had gathered around her. The new shoes seemed to be on display.
 
With the gong of the bell ,we toed our way to the classroom, where, as hours passed by, my little brain was subjected to the rigmaroles of geography, english, arithmetic and science. Quite suddenly, I was alerted by my name being called out; Sr.J .had summoned me downstairs.
 
As I hopped down the stairs, the now forgotten shoes came back to mind. Now what? Was something amiss? A hole in the shoes?  No takers? Chocolates, or a- ' thank you –good girl' for me ?'
 
There she stood in her large frame –almost filling the portico, with a beckoning smile.
"Come my dear," she said, "you must meet the child who has received your shoes."
By her side, stood a girl-seemingly poor, face lit up- as she displayed her shod feet. "Now, thank her, "said Sr.J., and the girl most graciously thanked me. Sister watched on -beside herself with joy, in the act of giving, in the act of receiving, and she- between them! An added sense of goodness surged in me, as I gracefully nodded to the girl before romping back to class.
 
Fifty years have sped away, but not without revealing beautiful truths that lay throbbing in this tiny episode. Truths- about giving! Greater truths about receiving! 'Hidden truths'-in their silent grandeur and true glory!
 
My exalted mother, at whose behest I had given away the shoes, and Sr.J., had both infused into me-the joy of giving; the goodness of giving! The worthiness of giving!
It took several instances dotting the years- some happy, others exhilarating, yet others painful, to learn that this joy-the giver gets, only, when- somebody there is –to receive;
                                                 -a hand- willing to receive!
                                                 -a heart-happy to receive!
                                                 -a receiver- who deserves to receive!
 
 
For some reason,
  if the receiver refuses to accept, the giver cannot  give! Cannot receive joy!
  So- it is the receiver who transmutes his act-into joy-for the giver
  In one way, it is the receiver who gives and the giver who receives!
  Truly, both giver and receiver stand together, stand as ONE-before God !
  They are in essence –the same!

SAIRAM


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "premasai.gurukulam" group.
 To post to this group, send email to premasai_gurukulam@googlegroups.com
 To unsubscribe from this group, send email to premasai_gurukulam+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.co.in/group/premasai_gurukulam?hl=en-GB

-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment